Beyond our ongoing efforts to deliver the highest quality of physical therapy available, we are also doing everything possible to ensure our clinics are a safe place for our patients and staff. Our response to COVID-19 has continually evolved as we receive new information, new guidelines from public health experts, and new executive orders from governing bodies and elected officials.
Our team members are eager and excited to come to work each day to help patients with any problems they may be having. Our teams have implemented safety measures to ensure our clinics are a very safe place for patients to visit and are committed to helping patients who need physical therapy care. Many times, our efforts have also involved our staff members keeping our patients informed with the latest, most accurate, science-based information coming from the most trusted sources.
Below is our Health & Safety Policy, updated on January 18, 2021, and it outlines many of the steps we are taking to ensure the safety of our patients and staff is preserved:
- Employee Self-Monitoring – Employees should monitor themselves for fever by taking their temperature (fever >100.4°) twice a day and remain alert for respiratory symptoms (i.e., fever, cough, shortness of breath and difficulty breathing, sore throat, loss of taste, vomiting and diarrhea, and headaches). Employees are expected to check their temperature prior to beginning their work shift.
- Patient Screening – Patients shall be asked a series of screening questions regarding symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath and difficulty breathing, sore throat, loss of taste, vomiting and diarrhea, headaches, etc.…
- Proper Hand and Respiratory Hygiene – Staff will wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer before and after each patient visit and after close contact with the patient during treatment. Patients and staff must wash or sanitize their hands upon entry to our facility and are recommended to wash/sanitize after they touch any piece of equipment or frequently touched surfaces such as door handles.
- Physical Separation – Patients and staff must physically separate while on the premises and within our facilities to ensure no close (within 6’) and prolonged (> 10 minutes) contact between individuals. Exceptions to this separation will occur at the direction of the therapist for things like manual therapy, evaluative procedures, or activities that must be done with close contact between therapist and patient. Staff members must maintain physical distance between other staff members at all times, including the lunchroom, break areas, offices, etc.… Family and caregivers of patients should not enter the clinic and staff can escort the patient to their car if necessary.
- Face Coverings (all) and Eye Protection (staff only) – Patients, Gym members, and Staff members must wear a mask or facial covering at all times while in the facility. There are no exceptions to this rule. If you are unable to wear a mask or facial covering due to difficulty breathing, a feeling of claustrophobia, or any other reason, you will not be able to enter or remain inside our facility. Failure to comply will result in immediate removal and/or refusal of service. Staff members must also wear eye protection, either goggles or a face shield, at all times when engaged in patient care activities.
- Frequent and Thorough Cleaning & Disinfection – Staff will follow cleaning guidelines provided by Momentum management, which include numerous instructions on cleaning and disinfection procedures. Those procedures include routine tasks such as:
- Cleaning and disinfection of high contact surfaces.
- Vacuuming of entryways and high traffic areas.
- Removing trash.
- Cleaning restrooms.
- Wiping heat and air conditioner vents.
- Spot cleaning walls.
- Spot cleaning carpets.
- Dusting horizontal surfaces and light fixtures.
- Cleaning spills.
- Cover treatment tables and use pillow protectors. Discard or launder coverings after each use.
Patients may be asked to assist with this process. Independent gym members are mandated to clean every piece of gym equipment they use or touch.
- Follow State & Local Authorities Orders regarding COVID-19 – Momentum will abide by all local, state, and federal guidelines, executive orders, and other applicable laws at all times.
Our Health & Safety Policy provides a very controlled and safe environment for you to receive your physical therapy care. Are you still unsure about coming in for an in-person visit? We now offer telehealth physical therapy services as well. You can even receive a course of therapy where you do some visits in-person and do some visits using our telehealth option.