Losing the use of your hand, wrist or elbow can deal a devastating blow. Whether it’s just daily life interference, the loss of being able to perform your job or missing out on your favorite sport, these injuries have their own unique set of characteristics. However, San Antonio physical therapy can help with the following:
- Manage Pain & Avoid Surgery – Finally find lasting relief for your hand, wrist and elbow conditions.
- Improve Your Work Life – Return to work and change the way you work with proven techniques.
- Alleviate Splints & Improve Stiffness – Move easier and get stronger with highly certified experts.
- Resume Everyday Activities & Sports – Get back in the game and receive guidance on how to prevent future injuries.
Certified Hand Therapy at Momentum Physical Therapy
Our multidisciplinary Certified Hand Therapy team, comprised of physical and occupational therapists in San Antonio, have gone through years of specialized training. They are the experts when it comes to treating pain, syndromes and complex injuries/surgeries of the elbow, wrist and hand.
Use San Antonio Certified Hand Therapy For:
- Carpal Tunnel – Caused by a pinched nerve in the wrist, you may find yourself suffering from the tingling and numbness of this very common, medium-term condition.
- Trigger Finger – This tendon defect causes the finger to snap straight or jerk when the hand extends.
- Chronic Hand Conditions – Common problems include numbness, loss of motion, pain, or unexplained hand masses.
- Sensory Re-education – Commonly required after one suffers a stroke, sensory re-education is an attempt to re-train or stimulate neurological pathways.
- Desensitization – Desensitization slowly integrates stimulation to the area that over time may have become hypersensitive because of the increase or spread of pain.
- Splinting (custom and prefabricated) – Used for keeping an injured body part in place so that it can heal. Commonly used for broken bones, sprains and post-surgery.
- Post-Surgical Rehab – Post-operative and pain management care for those who have recently undergone a surgical procedure.
- Repetitive Strain Injuries – Relief for pain/tenderness, cramping, stiffness, and tingling/numbness caused by overusing a part of your body. Doing a repeated physical activity without rest or working in a poor posture position are a couple of common causes.
- Tennis Elbow and Golfer’s Elbow – This tendonitis of the elbow can hold back tennis and golfers not just from a favorite activity, but from daily life.
- Traumatic Arm and Hand Injuries – Proven techniques to guide sufferers back to resume their daily activities.