With more than 23,000 injuries a day in the United States, workplace injuries cost hundreds of billions of dollars a year. People suffer from back and neck pain, shoulder pain, wrist pain, and various types of injuries due to overuse or overstress of their bodies. Our goal is to promote a healthy, safe workplace by focusing on your proper spinal alignment and healthy body mechanics. Healthy workplace habits save untold amounts of dollars in the long term.
- Work conditioning/training – Education and in-clinic training to help you get back to work safely.
- Injury prevention – Learn how to help prevent repetitive stress injuries.
- Back and neck care – Learn exercises, proper posture and body mechanics techniques to prevent back and neck pain.
- Ergonomic analysis – Assessment of your current living environment is used to design a treatment plan to assist you in getting back to your daily life.
- Functional capacity evaluations – Thorough examinations designed to assess your functional capacity in order to allow you to safely return to work.
Ergonomics – Not Just About Posture
Using proper posture and body mechanics are important aspects of ergonomics, but they are not the only things needed to ensure a good ergonomic work environment. Utilizing the most efficient layout and optimal placement of all work-related equipment; such as computer equipment, comfortable chairs, desk and other work-related furnishings; are all equally important aspects of ergonomics.
At Momentum Physical Therapy, we have helped thousands of people with work-related pain and injuries. There’s an excellent chance we can help you too. Call us or request an appointment today to get started!