If you’re looking for back pain relief in San Antonio, you’re not alone. Statistics show that over 85% of Americans will suffer from back pain sometime during their lives. If you are experiencing muscle ache, shooting pain, or stabbing pain, it’s time to talk to an expert. Our physical therapists will determine the source of your back pain, craft a custom treatment plan, and help get you back to doing the things you love. If you suffer from any of the following, Momentum Physical Therapy can help you find relief!
- Nerve Pain
- Muscular Pain
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Upper, Middle or Lower Back Pain
Types of Back Pain
Upper Back Pain: Not as common as lower back pain, upper back pain is mostly caused by muscular irritation and dysfunction of the joints.
Middle Back Pain: The middle back consists of the spine, discs, nerves, muscles and more. If any of these elements are irritated or inflamed, it can lead to middle back pain.
Lower Back Pain: A common condition, the symptoms and severity of lower back pain vary, from a muscle strain that sends you to the ER to a mildly uncomfortable disc issue.
Back Pain Treatment
The first step to back pain treatment is to evaluate your health and pain history thoroughly. This gives us an understanding of how your pain evolved, the positions that improve or worsen your pain, and the daily activities that could be contributing to your pain. We then create a customized treatment program, which may include:
- Manual Therapy: This specialized form of physical therapy is delivered by the hands instead of a device.
- Cervical and Lumbar Exercise Therapy: One of the best ways to get long-term back pain relief is through exercise therapy.
- Physical Agents and Modalities: One of the best-known forms of treatment in physical therapy, these may include electrical stimulation, heat, ice, or ultrasound.
Your treatment doesn’t end when your session is. We know that back pain is a constant struggle for many. We will instruct you on exercises to do at home between sessions, the best ways to sleep for minimized pain and help you get the rest your body needs to heal. Schedule your physical therapy consultation now.