With many districts beginning the school year at home, we want to talk about how to set up an ergonomically friendly school space for your child. (The good news is that kids have the same needs as adults, just in smaller sizes.)
To make an ergonomic workstation for your child, you will want to make sure their:
- Feet are flat on the floor or resting on a footrest
- Wrists and hands don’t rest on sharp or hard edges
- Chair offers back support
- The computer screen is at or slightly below eye level
- Mouse and keyboard are positioned at a 90-degree angle to the elbows and the shoulders are relaxed.
We hope that everyone has a great start to the school year! If you have any questions about how to set up your school space for success contact the team at Momentum Physical Therapy.